Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the accounting operations within the clients’ organization.
- Obtain a working knowledge of accounting software packages and various modules.
- Perform government billing and AP functions
- Respond to client inquires and be the primary point of contact
- Perform month end close process.
- Prepare monthly bank and /or investment account reconciliations.
- Maintain fixed assets schedule
- Prepare various general ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare financial statements for the client by the agreed upon deadline. Accounting
Manager/Supervisor must review and approve before submission to client.
- Train and oversee Staff assigned to the engagements.
- Perform other activities as outlined in the service level agreement for the assigned clients
- Preparation of corporate tax returns including: sales tax, property tax, withholding tax, unemployment, penalties, etc.
- Preparation of partnership returns, eg. 3 to 30 partners
- Preparation of individual returns
- Strong knowledge of Drake Tax Software
- 5+ years of public accounting experience (within an outsourced accounting department).
- Experience in corporate/individual tax preparation
- Ability to work well with and train accounting clerical staff in policies and procedures, proper accounting and retaining necessary documentation for recorded transactions. Experience in performing or assisting with the month end close. A service mentality to non-finance departments and a good understanding of CAS, internal controls, and processes. Ability to work independently on client assignments. Strong time management, organizational, attention to detail, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
Experience with government contractors and non-profit organizations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge and demonstrate strong proficiency with Quickbooks, Deltek GCS Premier, Microsoft Navision, and GP.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.